Every year when new phonebooks are distributed around the province, they become a hot topic. There are many misconceptions surrounding how the phonebook is produced and distributed, so here are the facts:
- The phonebook is 100% post-consumer fibre, printed with soy inks and produced with non-toxic glue meaning it is environmentally friendly and no trees are harmed or killed in its production.
See our Environmental Commitment to learn more!
- People still use the phonebook. Like any business, we make decisions based on consumer demand, we continue to print and distribute the phonebook because there is demand for it.
- Each year, in every market, phonebook distribution is used as a fundraising opportunity for local teams and community groups.
- Phonebook deliveries are tracked via GPS so we don’t print more than we need. (Tip for businesses: neither humans or technology are perfect, too many or not enough books at your business? Let us know!)
- See our Distribution Coverage Map to find out when you can expect your new phonebook!
Why our process is opt out vs. opt in:
- Those who still use and want/need the phonebook would have a harder time opting in vs. those who have the means to opt out.
- Not all areas of Saskatchewan have access to high-speed internet or in some cases, any internet at all.