Directwest has been promoting Saskatchewan businesses for over a hundred years and we’ve evolved alongside them. Today, we’re a digital marketing services company-providing website design, premium search marketing, social media marketing, online listings, digital advertising and reputation management. Basically, everything local businesses need to connect with more customers and stay current!
The Sales Department is seeking a highly motivated, innovative leader with excellent interpersonal skills to join their team. As a Media Advisor – Small Business sales representative with Directwest, you will collaborate with business owners to identify their needs, develop messages to reach their target market and make their business more successful. You will serve as the market expert on how to help them reach consumers with targeted advertising programs. Your expertise, consultative approach, and sound recommendations will provide the value for your customers.
This permanent telephone position is a great full-time opportunity for a sales and marketing professional interested in a fun and fast paced environment. We will provide you the opportunity to make contributions immediately while providing training and full support in developing the skills and knowledge to be successful throughout your career at Directwest.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contact’s customers to identify their business needs, their competitive environment and sales objectives.
- Analyzes customer requirements and determines the necessary multi-media program.
- Prepare and communicate sales proposal to customer accounts.
- Draws up layout of customer’s print and online advertisements per their needs and requests, maintaining absolute accuracy in detail.
- Initiates and completes all required forms, contracts, and ad layouts necessary for the fulfillment of the sale.
- Responds, investigates, and resolves customer inquiries and complaints regarding all aspects of multi-media.
- Maintains current, updated records of sales activities, daily, weekly and by canvass.
- Works in a team environment collaboratively amongst peers to meet customer needs.
- Ensures all canvass deadlines are met and books are closed on schedule.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Skills and experience required:
- Grade XII (Level 30), with preference given to those with Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Commerce.
- Preference given to Candidates with a minimum of 1 year experience at Directwest and/or with 1-year proven sales experience.
- A strong aptitude for selling and positioning products.
- Must have successfully completed a sales role play covering, opening the call, fact finding, handling objections, proving value, making recommendations, and effective closing skills.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills throughout the interview process and in previous job experience.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work well with others and take direction.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to handle paperwork in large volumes with a high rate of accuracy and legibility.
- Must have demonstrated sales skills including cold calling, preparation, fact finding, proving value, handling objections, and closing.
- Strong computer skills.
- Media industry experience and knowledge of online advertising is an asset.
Why Directwest is an excellent place to build a career:
- Positive work environment with strong support, coaching, and development programs for team members. Our focus is to ensure you receive the Sales and marketing training to provide the best opportunity for your success.
- Excellent compensation program and additional bonus opportunity.
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Please submit a cover letter and resume by October 8, 2021.
Attention: Ashley Raddysh
355 Longman Crescent
Regina, SK S4N 6G3
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org