Before you make any heavy investments or try to do it all yourself, here are some simple everyday strategies you can use to improve your search ranking by creating a more Google-friendly site:
Tip #1: Use keywords familiar to your target audience
Tip #2: Take link building seriously
Tip #3: Develop an awesome site structure
Tip #4: Provide high-quality content that your users want!
SEO trends and best practices are constantly evolving. Therefore, as you do your own SEO, explore ways to expand your understanding and knowledge.
Is SEO still feeling like a major undertaking? You’re not alone. Many of us leave SEO up to the pros, but knowing what to look for in a Search Engine Optimizer or an SEO firm can be very stressful, especially if it’s new to you. With many factors to consider, a firm offering a solid “FIRST Page Ranking Guarantee” can seem enticing.
However, reputable firms don’t guarantee search engine rankings.
Let us explain:
- Scams are alive and well. There are many companies offering up unrealistic guarantees and, in most cases, it’s a marketing tactic designed to lower your guard. If you encounter this, run Forrest run! Leave them in the Spam folder and move on. Because…
- No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google. Google preaches this themselves and advises people to beware of such claims. Why? Because search engines control search engine rankings.
- Rankings are uncontrollable and unstable, at best. Keyword rankings will vary day-to-day based on a variety of factors and making guarantees when you’re unable to control the algorithm itself, is shady. Real shady.
- Define your SEO goals. In what areas are you looking to improve your online presence? It’s important to do your research on SEO Best Practices to identify and select a reputable SEO strategist or firm.
- Find testimonials and reviews. Gauge credibility and reputation by reading reviews and testimonials from previous clients. Don’t just take their word, verify it.
- Ask questions! Understand where your money will go, how they plan on tracking your data, and the commitment needed to implement recommended changes.
We’ve listed some additional resources below to get you started on you SEO journey:
If you’re looking to raise your company profile, you may want to consider investing in a Google Business Profile or a Search Marketing campaign. Contact a Media Advisor today to learn more about how Directwest can help!