Only 7 short weeks after ringing in a new year, another reason to celebrate comes our way, Family Day. A day to celebrate the people in our lives who stick by us through thick and thin, to take a break from our everyday grind and spend some quality time together. Being so close to the holidays, it can be hard to come up with fresh, new plans for your family, so we’ve put together a list of fun Family Day activities happening across the province! (We’ve also included a few upcoming day camps running during the February Winter Break so you can get a head start, it will be here before you know it!)
Family Day – Monday, February 18
- Moose Jaw: Beginning at 10:00 am and ending at 1:00 pm, the Yara Centre is hosting a free Family Day event for the whole family! A great way to kick off your holiday Monday and still have time for an afternoon activity!
- Prince Albert: The Prince Albert Winter Festival runs February 10 – 24 and has a wide variety of events and activities for the everyone. Starting at 11:00 am on Family Day, Little Red Park will play host to Family Sliding Day! Krazy Karpets, hot chocolate and hot dogs round out the perfect way to spend your afternoon. Follow the festival link to see all the other great events happening during Winter Festival!
- North Battleford: Sunday, February 17 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, kicks off the Battleford’s Wintertainment Week. Head on down to the Battlefords River Valley Visitor Centre for weiners, hot chocolate, horse drawn sleigh rides and more!
- Regina: Whether you love being outside during the winter season or prefer to stay inside where it’s warm, Waskimo Winter Festival in Wascana Park has something for everyone! Click here to learn more about the different events and activities you can enjoy!
- Saskatoon: From face painting and balloon animals to skating and sleigh rides, the Cameco Family Day Skating Party is fun for the whole family! Hosted at Meewasin Skating Rink located beside the Delta Bessborough Hotel, the fun starts at noon and ends at 4:00 pm. For more information about the Cameco Meewasin Skating Rink, visit the Meewasin website.
- Last but not least, Saskatchewan’s winter Free Fishing Weekend is happening February 16 – 19! Love to fish? Take advantage of your long weekend by heading to your favourite spot and dropping a line in the water!
Winter Break Camps (February 18 – 22)
- Regina: Whether your kids love to discover the cosmos, get physical, monkey around or bring their imagination to life through arts, crafts and building blocks, there’s tons to do around Regina this break!
- Saskatoon: Check out this link for a full list of all the camps Saskatoon has to offer. From fencing to arts to ultimate frisbee, there’s something for everyone!
Have we missed an event worth sharing? Let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
– Paige Sandvold is the Content Manager on the Brand & Digital Platforms team at Directwest.January 25, 2019